Be aware that we are currently receiving numerous reports of cyber criminals posing as TopAlliance Biosciences Inc. recruiting personnel seeking to engage with job seekers through fraudulent job search sites and email solicitations to conduct sham job interviews and make bogus job offers. Once the innocent job seekers accept the interview and the sham job offers, the scam artists would attempt to obtain the victims’ personal and financial sensitive and identifiable information to financially further victimize the job seekers. Please know that TopAlliance does not conduct interviews via chat rooms such as Google Hangouts, use apps similar to Signal, charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (for instance, fees for purchasing equipment). Please also note that any correspondence with regard to employment would come from ONLY authorized topalliancebio.com email address and not from a topalliancebiocareers.com email address as has been utilized in these most recent fraud attempts. If you receive unsolicited employment offers from anyone using the topalliancebiocareers.com email address, do not respond to it and do not open any attachments or click on any hyperlinks.
Current Openings (U.S. Operations)
Scientist I/II, Bioinformatics (Full-time)
Position Location: Menlo Park, California
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support NGS pipeline development and data analysis for clinical studies, translational and pre-clinical research. The successful candidate will apply advanced bioinformatics and statistical skills to develop and maintain NGS pipelines, process high-dimensional genomic data, and build statistical & machine learning models for NGS data derived from clinical development programs and translational research.
- Drive the design, the development, and the maintainence of end-to-end bioinformatics pipelines to work with multi-omics sequencing data from FFPE tissue to liquid biopsy samples
- Lead the development of novel statistical and machine-learning based methods to optimize detection of mutations, copy number alterations, genomic rearrangements, HLA, and oncovirus.
- Lead and perform benchmarking for testing pipeline accuracy and performance.
- Interact with key internal stakeholder and external investigators for data processing, analysis, and interpretation.
- Collaborate with translational bioinformatics scientist to facilitate biomarker analyses of NGS data from clinical trials and translational research.
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience in managing cross functional team members during trial execution a must.
- Strong knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines with working knowledge of GLP/GCLP preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to independently develop and deploy action plans to meet company needs.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven complex problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be a demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, or Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biostatistics or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in working with whole genome sequencing, whole exome sequencing, bisulfite sequencing, and whole transcriptome sequencing data
- Experience with standard bioinformatics algorithm and tools, such as BWA, GATK
- Experience with statistical and machine learning techniques, such as linear regression, random forest, bayes inference, etc.
- Proficiency in Python, R, and Linux shell scripting language
Please contact us with a CV and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org